Monday, April 28, 2008

I have bled for Wal-Mart

I sliced my hand open on the slicer the Saturday night. I got it good too. My co-workers tried to talk me into going to get stitches but at most it would have been only 2 or three at the most and I just couldn't see going to the doctor for that. I left a trail of blood to the first aid kit. The cut bled for 20 minutes before they could get any kind of bandage on it. We covered it with a thick gauze pad which we covered in medical tape to keep the wound closed while I worked. It bled through the first one in about an hour and bled through the second one by the time I got home. I put some of my own homemade medicine on it made from sterile red clay, honey, a little bit of water, and powdered plantain leaf. It was still open yesterday but not as sore and clearly healing. Today its closed up completely and will probably be little more than a scar in a weeks time. Good ole clay. I love using that stuff on wounds. Its so simple.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me guess.. the meat slicer got you?

peridottwo said...

yep